FREE £50 Fix Your Bike Government voucher scheme
Do you have Bike Repair Vouchers? No worries, Bee Cycles Stourbridge has partnered up with the government’s Department for Transport – Energy saving trust – Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme. The scheme allows residents in the England to apply for £50 towards the cost of a service and repair for up to two cycles per household.
The government is investing millions of pounds into this scheme as they are trying to encourage more people to embrace cycling, boost safe leisure trips, promote an alternative to public transport and reducing the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Not forgetting the health benefits for you!
Please click here to submit your email address so we can keep you updated for when you can book in for your free assessment for this scheme.
How to Redeem the Fix Your Bike Government Voucher(s)
- Step 1 – Book your bike(s) in for a Free assessment here and supply us with your contact details.
- Step 2 – Bring your bike to the Free assessment appointment and we shall discuss the work required.
- Step 3 – If you are happy to go ahead with the work then an estimated day for completion will be given, parts will be ordered if required and work will commence. You shall receive a call or text (whichever is convenient) for when your bike(s) are ready to collect.
- Step 4 – Collect your bike(s) and bring along your voucher(s) plus proof your identification that matches the voucher’s registration details - click here for the documents accepted.
If you haven’t yet applied for your voucher then you can see the FAQ's here. A link to the Government application portal will be supplied once you completed your bike(s) assessment booking.
The Government is encouraging cycling, discourage the spread of Covid-19, relieve the pressure on public transport, help people get fitter and reduce air pollution. The Government has invested in millions of pounds' worth of bike repair vouchers, only available to residents in England.
Each voucher will be worth up to £50 and recipients will be able to use them to help get old or broken bikes back into working order. Up to two vouchers can be claimed per household.
No, you can book your bike assessment appointment before applying for your voucher. To make it easy, we’ll send you a link to the Government’s application portal once you’ve booked your assessment. You just need to make sure that you’ve got your voucher by the time you bring your bike to us.
Yes, every type of bike is included.
We will agree the cost of repairs with you after the Free Bike Assessment. If the repairs exceed the value of the voucher then this will only cover the first £50 of your repairs, you can simply pay the difference when you collect your bike. If your repairs are under £50 then your voucher will only cover the cost of the transaction. No exchange or alternative will be offered for the remaining difference between the cost of the transaction and £50.
No, you can only replace exiting components like for like with the same value and specifications.
A valid driving licence photo card with address, or another form of photographic identification either: -
- National identity card (non-UK)
- Residence permit
Plus, one of the following, less than 3 months old, paper or electronic: -
- Utility bill
- Council tax bill
- Mortgage statement
- Council/housing association rent card
- Benefit book